Good Day Members of 2 VandenBos Whitby Squadron,
By now you know that my term as your Commanding Officer is finished as of this September. I’ll be off doing some other work and you’ll certainly see me around early in the Training Year.
I’m extremely pleased that an officer I’ve known and respected for many years will be my successor: Major C. Blight will be taking on the command role – I know you’ll all be extremely pleased and impressed by her professionalism and outstanding leadership ability. Please give her all of the enthusiastic support you provided me throughout my command.
Keep looking for the positive.
2 VandenBos Whitby Squadron
Royal Canadian Air Cadets
18 Aug 17
SNOWBIRD FLIGHT PAST 2017
- Selected cadets will be given the opportunity to assist with our Squadron’s recruiting initiative at the 5 September 2017 Snowbird Flight Past.
- Attending cadets are to report to Michael Vandenbos Public School, 3121 Country Lane, Whitby, no later than (NLT) 1115 hours in C2 uniform.
- Cadets may be tasked to help with meet and greet of potential new recruits and hand out information pamphlets and 2 Air bookmarks to Grade 7 and 8 students.
- Cadets will be ready for pick up at Michael Vandenbos Public School at 1300 hours.
- Cadets are to bring the following items:
- health card,
- water bottle, and
- To sign up or if you have any questions regarding this exercise, please direct your interest or questions to OPI, OCdt Davidson via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at 905-447-7630.
C.M. Blight, CD
Incoming Commanding Officer
Starting in September, the leadership of 2 VandenBos will be provided by Major Colette Blight. Some of you may know her and know that she comes with a great amount of experience, ideas and energy and will be well equipped to lead the squadron.
Cadets will have the opportunity to meet the new Commanding Officer at the Year Beginning BBQ on September 8th at the Hangar. All cadets need to plan to attend. Details for the evening will follow.
Cadets, please see the attachment below for details of the Alfred-Wong Scholarship for which application is due September 2.
In recognition of Alfred’s interest in music, the scholarship is given to an Air Cadet who has shown commitment to the music program and / or is pursuing a post-secondary program with some focus on music.
If you require a reference please reach out to Major Burns soon to allow for some lead time.
The majority of our cadets will wrap up their courses on Friday. Bus pick ups will be at Landmark Cinemas parking lot close to Denny’s.
- BLACKDOWN CTC Arrival Fri 18 Aug 2017 12:00
- CONNAUGHT CTC Arrival Fri 18 Aug 2017 13:50
- MOUNTAINVIEW CTC Arrival Fri 18 Aug 2017 17:30
Have a great weekend.
Thank you to everyone that replied so quickly. Fortunately we now have enough cadets signed up to participate. Amazing! What a great start to the year.
OCdt Davidson will be in touch with those that responded with details closer to the date.
Senior Cadets – Sergents, Flight Sergents and Warrant Officers:
Please mark your calendars to be at the Enterprise Hangar from 7pm – 9pm on Wednesday, Sept. 6 in Portable 1 in Civilian dress. Bring your paper and pen for notes as there’s a lot being planned for this year and you won’t want to forget anything.
We need your help to be ready to get off the ground (no flying pun intended) for Friday, Sept. 8 as we get back into routine so if you cannot make it please advise Keithdcwainwright@gmail.com as soon as possible.
Please complete the attached information sheet form and bring it with you, on Sept. 6. We want to know more about your training, experience and interests as we look at appointments for this year.
We’re excited to see you back, hear about your summer and get ready for the Cadet training year. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Lt. Wainwright & the training team