The Air Cadet League of Canada offering three post-secondary education scholarship awards to Royal Canadian Air Cadets. They are the Young Citizen Foundation Scholarship, the Birchall Scholarship and the Dale Scholarship. These are entrance scholarships which will be granted to a deserving cadet entering any community college, cegep or university in Canada for post-secondary studies.
Applicants are required to complete the ACC64 application form online, and submit it in digital form (PDF), along with supporting documentation to the Air Cadet League of Canada, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should be titled beginning with your name and National Education Scholarships such as: Fred Jones National Education Scholarships. Application ACC64 – English Application ACC64 – French
Important Note: OCdt Paul Podesta will be your point of contact if you have questions or are looking for a letter of reference. Requests for a letter of reference must be received by March 9 to allow the necessary time to meet the April 1 deadline.
These scholarships have no restrictions as to the field of study. For the academic component, the evaluation focus will be on the following subjects: (a) Languages; (b) Mathematics; (c) Physical Sciences; and (d) Social Sciences. It is important that the most recent report card or transcript include these courses.
Hope everyone had a good long weekend and enjoyed the beautiful weather! Considerably different than last weekend at Ganaraska. Here are the highlights & activities for this week.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Band practice at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, 7pm-9pm; Effective Speaking Competitors prep. in P1
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar.
- Friday, Feb. 24, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Recruit graduation & regular training at Donald A. Wilson
- Ski day: You have a last chance to make payment on Thursday to Sgt. Hiltz at the Hangar from 7pm-7:30pm. Saturday you should arrive with your health card at the hangar at 6:30am for a 7am departure. No health card, no go. Bring your smiles and warmest clothes for a fun day!
- Year end trip: The year end trip has been approved and the Quebec City was announced as the 2017 location. March 3 will be the last date used to calculate snowbird points to determine the initial 50 cadets that will be offered to attend. Initial letters will be distributed March 9 (correction from Friday) with deposit and final payment details. Cost of the trip will be $250.
- Remind Sign up: You may have gotten the reminder this week of the CO parade via Remind. If you haven’t signed up yet, subscribe to the squadron general ‘remind’ notices at https://www.remind.com/join/2vanden. Hopefully you received the notice when the squadron settled in and left Ganaraska.
Boson Pizza Whitby has been graciously collecting receipts from anyone who has dined with them and submits their receipts with “Whitby Air Cadets” written on them. In turn they will give back a portion of the sales to our squadron!
This money will be used to offset a year-end dinner or celebration for one or more of our teams! Plan to make Boston Pizza your choice to dine with friends, colleagues or family, include “Whitby Air Cadets” on your receipt and let your waitress know.
The whole squadron could benefit from your fun! Even better – let all of your friends know to do the same and we may be able to take the entire squadron out!!!
Thanks families & friends … thanks Boston Pizza!!
A warm THANK YOU goes out to all of the cadets, parents, staff and volunteers who came out to introduce our Squadron to a crowd of over 100 guests – the largest crowd ever Sunday Style Networking!
We had a spectacular fundraiser on Sunday, thank you to all of the prize contributions from our volunteers, Durham Flight Centre, McAskill Chiropractic and Wellness Centre, Brock Street Brewery, Art & Technique Salon, Mackie Moving and Frantastic Cafe! Your donated items were all a hit with our guests and helped us raise $1140 in one afternoon.
The event was hosted at OLG Slots and sponsored by A1 Connecting – Sunday Style Networking. Sincere thanks to Edward Lam and Jenn Humphries for offering us the opportunity as Charity of Choice and the unwavering support you have shown our squadron for the past few years! The support of Ian McCutcheon and Sue Sutcliffe who pitched in and spread the word of our Squadron was stellar – you are truly amazing!
Our combined efforts led to a sell-out crowd, the likes of which have yet to be seen by another charity at Sunday Style Networking since the events’ inception!
It took a lot of coordination and effort, but the end result was well worth it! We had an “A1” day, with a ton of support for our awesome cadets, who were so well received by our incredible guests. These guests had the opportunity to get to know us, have a delicious lunch at the Gateway Restaurant, win some of our prizes and then try their luck on the slots with their credits that were a special bonus from OLG Slots.