DATES and LOCATIONS
May 5 (Thursday):
Enterprise Airlines Hangar * this is our regular training night *
Select Level 3’s will be sent to tagging locations (this does not count as a tagging shift)
May 6 (Friday) and May 7 (Saturday):
Emmanuel Reformed Church
401 Rossland Rd W, Whitby (the church is West of Brock on the South side of Rossland)
May 8 – Sunday:
Enterprise Airlines Hangar
SHIFT TIMES: Please be on time for your shift.
Friday: 5:00 – 9:00pm (Cadets are asked to arrive 15 min before their shift (4:45 pm)
Saturday am shift: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Saturday pm shift: 12:00 pm – 5.30 pm
Sunday am shift: 8:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Sunday pm shift: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
PARENT DRIVERS NEEDED
Please sign up with CV Hiltz, CV Clara Bi or see an SSC member if you are available to drive our cadets.
We need Volunteer drivers to drive the cadets to their tagging locations and then pick them up at the end of their shift.
Please be professional and on your best behavior always since you are representing the Squadron while tagging.
A lot of people know who we are in the community, especially our community partners such as The Legions, Rotary, etc and other local businesses.
We usually get messages from them after the tagging weekend with feedback on our cadets.
Always remember – we also need to respect the stores that allow us to tag. Please make sure you only stand where you are supposed to and don’t wander around the stores.
TIPS FOR TAGGING
- Always smile at people
- Hold open doors
- Always be polite to everyone
- Don’t forget to say “thank you”
- Please keep your cell phones away, in your bag and put it on silent (Do not check your phone while on shift unless you need to contact the squadron)
- All cadets are encouraged to bring water, a snack and a cell phone.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The Squadron phone is monitored and answered during the entire tagging weekend.
(This phone number is also marked on all tagging boxes so cadets have the number if they ever need it.)
- The Squadron tagging email – Tagging@2vandenbos.org
- Cadets will be given a safety briefing prior to going out to tag
- We try our best to make sure that we pair junior cadets with a more senior cadet.
- SSC volunteers monitor all cadets and make sure their boxes do not get too full.
(The boxes are regularly replaced by the SSC if they get full)
- Screened adult volunteers will be supervising tagging areas and will be close to cadets to make sure they are well.
- Cadets must have their health card on them at all times.
Although this year cadets are only required to do 2 mandatory shifts, we encourage cadets who can, to take an extra shift on Sunday, if possible, since we don’t have enough cadets to cover our Sunday tagging shifts.