IMPORTANT TAGGING INFORMATION
1. DATES and LOCATIONS
September 29 – (Thursday):
Enterprise Airlines Hangar *this is our regular training night *
Select Levels will be sent to tagging locations (does not count as a tagging shift)
September 30 (Friday) & October 1 (Saturday):
Emmanuel Reformed Church
401 Rossland Rd W, Whitby (the church is West of Brock on the South side of Rossland)
October 2 – (Sunday):
Enterprise Airlines Hangar
2. SHIFT TIMES: (Cadets are asked to arrive 15 min before their shift)
Friday: 5 – 9pm
Saturday am: 8am – 1pm
Saturday pm: 12pm- 5.30pm
Sunday am: 8:30am-1:30pm
Sunday pm: 12:30pm- 5:30pm
Full dress, name-tags will be worn with ribbons on the tunic, uniform pressed and boots shined.
4. PARENT DRIVERS NEEDED.
Please sign up with Michelle Hiltz or any SSC member if you’re available to drive. We need volunteer drivers to drive the cadets to their tagging locations and then pick them up at the end of their shift.
5. CADETS IN THE COMMUNITY
Please be professional and on your best behaviour always – you are representing the Squadron while tagging.
A lot of people in the community know who we are; especially our community partners such as the Legions, Rotary Clubs, local businesses, etc. We receive feedback from them after the tagging weekend with comments on our cadets.
Always remember – we need to respect the stores that allow us to tag. Please make sure you only stand where you are supposed to and don’t wander around the stores.
6. TIPS FOR TAGGING
– Always smile at people
– Hold open doors
– Always be polite to everyone
– Don’t forget to say “thank you”
– Please keep your cell phones away, in your bag and put it on silent
(Do not check your phone while on shift unless you need to contact the squadron)
– All cadets are encouraged to bring water, a snack and a cell phone.
7. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
– The Squadron phone is monitored and answered during the entire tagging weekend.
905 243 8001
(This phone number is also marked on all tagging boxes so cadets have the number if they ever need it.)
– The Squadron tagging email – Tagging@2vandenbos.org
– Cadets will be given a safety briefing prior to going out to tag
– We make sure that we pair junior cadets with a more senior cadet.
– Tagging boxes are monitored regularly. Safety comes first. The boxes are regularly replaced by the SSC if they get full. If someone tries to steal your box, don’t fight them – give them your box, go into the store and phone the squadron phone ASAP
– Officers and screened adult volunteers will be supervising tagging areas and will be close to cadets to make sure they are well.
– Cadets must have their health card on them at all times.
Please consider doing more than your minimum shifts. 100% of the money that is raised this weekend will stay in the squadron to be used for lots of fun activities!
(Posted for Mrs Codlin by Maj Burns)
Based on 70 cadets who paraded last Friday night, it seems to me that to cover the 200+ shifts (locations times number of spots available) that the SSC has done a great job of procuring for the Squadron, we need to step up our request for cadets to cover shifts and ask that all serve at least 3 shifts. Do your very best Cadets – the money raised all benefits you directly! Maj Burns