It was an exciting weekend for our Squadron at the OPC AGM this weekend receiving some great recognition across cadets, staff and the Squadron at large. Watch for details!
You will notice activities, in addition to the regular weekly activities, increasing over the next couple of months. Keep an eye on the calendar for updates in addition to those mentioned below.
Most immediately we are looking ahead to Remembrance Day, including the Poppy Campaigns at both the Brooklin and Whitby Legions. Sign ups will be done on Parade nights for morning and afternoon shifts. Participation is important as we support the legions that support us.
Activities for this week include:
- Monday, October 24, 7pm-9pm: Debate & Effective Speaking at the Hangar
- Tuesday, October 25, 7pm-9pm: Band at the Hangar. Arrive ready to start for 7.
- Wednesday, October 26, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, October 26, 7pm-9pm: Ground School (National Camp qualified cadets)
- Thursday, October 27, 7pm-9pm: Supply is Open!
- Friday, October 28, 6:45pm-8:15pm: Regular Training at Donald A. Wilson SS
- 8:15pm – CoC Parade will begin. All are welcome.
CoC Parade will be the official Change of Commanding Officers. Please prepare to be in full dress – ties, tunics, medals. Uniforms need to be to highest standard. Thursday is supply night if you need anything. If you need help, reach out to your Flight Commander or a senior cadet.
All cadets are welcome to participate in Debate, Effective Speaking, Band and Drill teams. No experience is necessary – just a positive attitude and your dedication to bring your best. New members are still welcome.
“Leadership is the capacity and will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence.” – Bernard Montgomery, British Field Marshall