Activities: Week of December 11
It was another busy week for the cadets. The effective speaking team met and introduced the Toastmaster partner who will lead the Youth Leadership Program (YLP) for 20 cadets getting us off to a quick start on January 9th. Mr. Darrell’s expertise and sense of humor will be a great addition to the team. The band wrapped up their seven holiday performances with the final being at the Chartwell Retirement Residence. They played and led a sing-a-long that the resident’s enjoyed immensely.
Thursday evening presented a highlight of the week when Lieutenant Erdelyi was promoted. Tri-Service on Friday was fun for many cadets who dressed up for a dinner and dance hosted by 151 Chadburn for all Air, Army and Sea cadets. The ladies looked elegant and the gents dapper as they spent time with their squadron and rekindled friendships with others from summer camps. Saturday wrapped up the week with an exciting tour of the CC-130 on a rare visit to Oshawa. Learning about the aircraft, the jumpers, and missions, the cadets got a chance to see it’s operations first hand.
- Monday, Dec. 12, 7pm-9pm: Debate & Effective Speaking at the Hangar.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, Band is CANCELLED for this week.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 7pm-9pm: Supply night at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 7pm-9pm: Ground School (Nat’l Camp qualified cadets)
- Friday, Dec. 16, 6:45pm-9:30pm: At the 420 wing, 1000 Stevenson North, Full or Mess dress.