It’s a great time to be part of 2 VandenBos! At Friday night’s parade you heard about upcoming activities including a band weekend, the winter training exercise in Ganaraska, range competition, ski day, exertion competition, and sports night. Keep an eye for calendar and website updates and details. In addition 42 level 1 cadets will be given uniforms this week and is a reminder that our squadron is growing. Each new cadet brings more energy and ideas, more opportunities to lead. Now more than ever, all staff and volunteer efforts are appreciated.
You are a great group of growing leaders. That said, remember that you always a cadet – at training, school and other activities. Always strive to do and be your best and to represent the squadron well. Always remember to look for the good.
- Ski day: There’s still space for the ski day to Mount St. Louis on Sat., Feb. 25. It’s open to everyone, new or experienced, for skiers or snowboarders. To reserve your spot, get your $10 for Sgt Hiltz. Full payment is due for Feb 17. Full details and costs for the day have been published under a separate post.
- Band weekend: this upcoming weekend is a clinic and competition preparation at Anderson High, 400 Anderson St., Whitby. Saturday will be a clinic open to those that play instruments but you do not have to be in the band to attend. Message CV Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Lunch and light snacks will be provided for both days. Pls bring your water bottles.
- Saturday: Please wear red squadron shirts for those that have them. Bring your instruments, music.
- Sunday: Regular civilian clothing. No ripped T’s, or tucked in shirts, etc. Bring your instruments, music and boots.
- Ajax Down Fundraiser: Plan to have lunch and use your credit to try your hand at the slots. A1 Connecting is hosting this event on our behalf. Details have been posted separately. Items for the silent auction are appreciated. Drop ins welcome but if you know you’re attending, message email@example.com.
- Summer Camps: The opportunity to apply for summer camp has reopened. Click here to print your application and submit by Friday, January 27 to 2Lt Farid. Your camp selections will also be posted to double check for any changes or additions before final submissions are made to national.
- New Uniform distribution: Level 1 cadets should plan to come to the Hangar, portable 2, on Monday evening. Watch for a separate posts with your name and time to arrive. *The help of 2-3 Sgt. or FSGt’s is needed to help with distribution. Pls contact ChrisBain84@hotmail.com if available.
- Winter Field Training Exercise: This is mandatory training and be held in Ganaraska from Feb. 10-12. (Transportation provided from the Hangar.) If you absolutely cannot attend, pls speak with Lt. Wainwright.
- Shiny Boot Award: Next week will be a CO parade and also an opportunity to receive the shiny boot award! This means that your boots need to be the shiniest and that your dress and deportment must be to standards.
- Monday, Jan. 23, 7pm-9pm: Debate & Effective Speaking at the Hangar.
- Note: Effective Speaking will be in the Durham Flight Center upstairs at the Hangar
- Monday, Jan. 23, 7:15pm & 8:15pm: L1 uniform distribution, portable 2.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Band practice at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 7pm-9pm: Supply night at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 7pm-9pm: National Interview preparation at the Hangar.
- Thursday, Jan. 26, 7pm-9pm: Rifle – for those that get called for the team.
- Friday, Jan. 27, 6:45pm-9:30pm: CO parade, at Donald A. Wilson, full dress.
- Saturday, Jan. 28, 9:00am – 4:00pm: Band clinic at Anderson P.S. Details above.
- Sunday, Jan. 29, 9:00am – 4:00pm: Band comp. preparation, Anderson P.S.
- Sunday, Jan. 29. 12:30pm – 3:00pm: Lunch & fundraiser at Ajax Downs w/ A1 Connecting.