It was another busy week culminating with a planned CO parade that became a practice (weather concerns from the north) with the CO parade rescheduled to next week! For the cadets that just received uniforms, another week to get your shoulder flashes on, ironing done and boots shined. Talk to your flight commander or another Sr cadet if you`re unsure of standards or need some help.
The weekend was a busy one with the band spending 2 days rehearsing and the fundraiser at Ajax Downs organized by the SSC.
The band was sounding great and their formations are sharp. Many thanks to Lt(N) Kowalchuk, Lt(N) Cherry, that offered their expertise to work with the band members and to the cadets, officers and volunteers that made it possible.
A special shout out to A1 Connections for hosting 2 VandenBos at their 2017 Sunday Connections kick off. The SSC worked with them to plan a fun afternoon at Ajax Downs with food and fun. Many thanks to the cadets that promoted our great squadron and to the family and friends and the volunteers that participated. See more on our facebook page at ‘2 VandenBos Whitby Air Cadet Squadron (Official)’.
Upcoming Highlights – Possible Action Required :
Winter Field Training Exercise: This is mandatory training and be held in Ganaraska from Feb. 10-12. Pls advise Lt. Wainwright or CV Jefferson if you`re planning to attend. As mentioned, due to limited spaces of 85 (of 140+ enrolled cadets), priority is for L1 & L2`s to attend. Another day in May will be scheduled for missing cadets to be caught up in May. Date TBD.
Ski day: There’s a few spots left for ski day. To reserve your spot, get your $10 for Sgt Hiltz. Full payment is due for Feb 17. Full details and costs for the day have been published under a separate post.
New Uniform distribution: If you haven`t picked up your uniform, are missing parts or have shirt, pants or tunic that are too small (neck button on shirt cannot be done up, pants don`t come past the top of your boot, etc.), come to supply night to see what can be exchanged. If any Snr cadets have extra accessories – ties, wedges – please return as soon as possible.
Shiny Boot Award: Next week will be a CO parade and also an opportunity to receive the shiny boot award! There were some pretty shiny boots this week. Keep up the good work.
- Remind Sign up: Want quick, simple, timely updates in a text or email but with a security provided by having assigned administrators and without having to release phone numbers. Subscribe to the squadron general ‘remind’ notices at https://www.remind.com/join/2vanden. Program level ‘remind’ groups are also active.
- Monday, Jan. 30, 7pm-9pm: Debate & Effective Speaking at the Hangar.
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Band practice at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, 7pm-9pm: Supply night at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, 7pm-9pm: National Interview prep. at the Hangar.
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 6pm-9pm: Rifle team – practice at the Hangar.
- Friday, Feb. 3, 6:45pm-9:30pm: CO parade, at Donald A. Wilson, full dress.