Our weekly parades keep getting better! This week the 1st Shiny Boot award was presented to WO2 Beaulieu, new custom belt buckles with the squadron logo were presented to top trainers Sgt. Sampson and Sgt. Gordon while a fine looking group of new recruits graduated. Congratulations to everyone!
- Monday, Feb. 27, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Debate & Effective Speaking (YLP) at the Hangar
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Band practice at the Hangar
- Wednesday, Mar. 1, 7pm-9pm: Drill Team at the Hangar
- Thursday, Mar. 2, 6pm-9pm; Marksmanship team
- Friday, Mar. 3, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Effective speaking competition & regular training at Donald A. Wilson
- Year end trip: March 3 will be the last date used to calculate snowbird points to determine the initial 50 cadets that will be offered to attend. Initial letters will be distributed March 9 (correction from Friday) with deposit and final payment details. Cost of the trip will be $250.
- Remind Sign up: You may have gotten the reminder this week of the CO parade via Remind. If you haven’t signed up yet, subscribe to the squadron general ‘remind’ notices at https://www.remind.com/join/2vanden. Hopefully you received the notice when the squadron settled in and left Ganaraska
- Tagging: Mark your calendars for Mar. 30 – April for our Spring tagging weekend. All cadets are required to cover a minimum number of shifts – more are appreciated. Parent drivers will also be required. This is a very important weekend so your help is appreciated. Please see the SSC newsletter (February) for details.
- Lottery Books: Lottery stubs are due back to the SSC by Friday, March 3. All cadets will need to have sold a minimum of 1 book. You’ve got 1 week to get it done!!