Welcome back from March Break! Hope everyone had a chance to do something relaxing – even if it was enjoying not going to school each day or the improved traffic! We’re back and ready with a full week of activities.
Message from the Commanding Officer:
Summary of the upcoming week’s Activities:
- Monday, Mar. 20, 7:00pm-9:00pm: YLP graduation in the Hangar & Debate practice
- Tuesday, Mar. 21, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Band practice at the Hangar
- Wednesday, Mar. 22, 7pm-9:00pm: Drill Team at the Hangar
- Wednesday, Mar. 22, 7pm-9:00pm: Supply at the Hangar
- Friday, Mar. 24, 6:45pm-9:30pm; Training & Parade at Donald A. Wilson
Highlights & Reminders:
- Youth Leadership Program (YLP: The 8 week program is wrapping up on Monday, March 20 at the Hangar. All parents whose cadets have participated are welcome and encouraged to come and hear their cadet put their new or improved speaking skills to work with a 2-3 minute prepared talk followed by a reception and wrap up from the Toastmasters. Your attendance is appreciated!
- Year end trip: Initial invitations were given out at the sports night before March break. Those who qualify but were not in attendance will receive there’s at parade on Friday. Deposits for $100 (or payment in full) with signed waivers need to start being returned. If you were invited but know that you will NOT attend, please advise ASAP so that the spaces can be offered to the next candidates. Deposits or questions can be directed to 2Lt Farid or CV Wityszyn.
- Remind Sign up: If you haven’t signed up yet, subscribe to the squadron general ‘remind’ notices at https://www.remind.com/ join/2vanden.
- Tagging: Scheduling for shifts for tagging weekend for Mar. 30 – April 2 has started. Cadets are required for Friday evening with 40 cadets required for Saturday and Sunday. Seniors need to be spread out over all shifts to balance the junior cadets. All cadets are required to cover a minimum number of shifts – more are appreciated. Parent drivers will also be required. This is a very important weekend so your help is appreciated. Parents can see the SSC to sign up for driving. Cadets should speak with FSgt Tchouffa to sign up and/or let her know if you are flexible with your shifts.
- Lost & Found: there are 2 hoodies from Sports Night and a large sleeping bag in a carrying baf left at the hangar after Ganaraska. They will be put in supply on Wednesday for pick up.