Recap of weeks activities:
On Friday evening we watched the Drill Team and the Band do an exhibition of their routines for competition on Saturday. They showed up in Kingston ready for the day and to represent the squadron amongst their peers. The results of hard work showed and the smiles of satisfaction were wonderful to see. Many thanks to Capt Howie, 2Lt Farid, OCdt Podesta, and CV Lockhart for making sure it was a great day.
Also to celebrate was the announcement by Maj. Garry Burns and SSC Chair, Lisa Codlin, that both FSgt Swann and FSgt Wainwright were selected for Power Scholarships and will be having fun in the skies this summer. Well done gentlemen!! Preparation and hard work pays off and for much of that Lt Nick Erdelyi is owed huge thanks for his dedication for months of work with the cadets preparing them for exams and interviews.
Things of Note and/or Action Required:
– Girls Take Flight: Coming up this Saturday, April 29. Pls see FSgt Tchouffa to sign up and get your details.
– Summer Camps CO-OP credits: If you were chosen for a 6 week summer camp and are interested in possibly earning coop credits for the time spent, please see OCdt Podesta.
– Mini FTX: If you missed the Outdoor survival/Field Training Exercise in Ganaraska, plan to attend the mini day on May 7 at Heber Down. Arrive at 8:45am for a 9am start. Lunch will be provided. Finish at 4pm. Cell service is limited so please plan accordingly. Pay close attention to the weather and dress accordingly. This is critical training for promotions. See OCdt Podesta and Lt Wainwright for questions.
End of the year activities are ramping up – please stay connected for details.
Summary of the upcoming week’s Activities:
Monday, Apr. 24, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Debate (by invitation only) for comp prep.
- Tuesday , Apr. 25, 7:00pm-9:00pm: FSgt File Reviews for MRBs – Hangar
Tuesday, Apr. 25, 6:45pm-9:15pm: Band practice – Hangar
Tuesday, Apr. 25, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Supply Night – Hangar
Wednesday, Apr. 26, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Drill Team practice – Hangar.
- Thursday, Apr. 27, 6:45pm-9:00pm: Boot shining & uniform prep – Hangar
- Thursday, Apr. 27, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Range for those signed up w/ FSgt Browne – Hangar
Friday, Apr. 28, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Training & Parade – Donald A. Wilson
Saturday, Apr. 29, 12:30pm-4:30pm: Provincial Effective Speaking Competition
Saturday, Apr. 29, Girls Take Flight; See FSgt Tchouffa to sign up to volunteer
Sunday, Apr. 30, Debate Competition, Mohawk College in Hamilton.
- Summer Camps: If you’ve been given a camp offer, please return forms to accept or decline to 2Lt Farid as soon as possible. Also see the above note for those with 6 week camps.
- Year end trip: New letters for unfilled spaces were distributed on Friday. Please return ASAP. FInal deposits are due May 12. Deposits or questions can be directed to 2Lt Farid, CV Wityszyn or FSgt Peshimam or Sgt Gordon.
- Remind Sign up: If you haven’t signed up yet, subscribe to the squadron general ‘remind’ notices at https://www.remind.com/ join/2vanden.