What a great long weekend in Quebec City with 49 cadets and 4 staff learning, exploring, discovering, eating and playing. Whether it was the Montreal stop to have lunch in front of flaming onion towers, escaping a room using clues to find keys, exploring Old Quebec, running across a bridge high above raging falls, learning to load a musket, enjoying locally made chocolate, rolling down the hills at the Plains of Abraham or cooling off in the pool, it’s hoped that everyone learned something and had fun.
Things of Note and/or Action Required:
– Party for Band, Debate, Drill, Effective Speaking, & Rifle: Thursday at Boston Pizza North from 6:30pm-8:30pm. There will be 2 each of 6 varieties of pizza, wings, brownies and fountain drinks. Enjoy an evening of social celebration and treats.
– Spring Gliding: Final sign ups will be accepted this Friday, May 26 at Iroquois Park for the May 27th Gliding day on Thursday. Check in with FSgt Wityszyn for availability.
– Annual Inspection: Please be sure to have this is on your calendar for June 3 in Pad1 at Iroquois Park. Actual inspection time will be from 12:45pm and cadets will be need to be there early AM for practice – time to be confirmed. Parents, family, supporters, and general public are welcome and encouraged to attend. The display of skill from all of the cadets is great to see. This is mandatory for cadets as their last final training exercise of the year.
– Banquet: The SSC is still looking for Auction and Raffle items for the night of the banquet, which will help to bring in much needed funding to next years’ program. Please bring items to Iroquois.
Summary of the upcoming week’s Activities:
Tuesday, May 23, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Band – Hangar
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Supply Night – Hangar
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Drill Team practice – Hangar
Thursday, May 25, 6:30pm-8:30pm: Year end party for cadets from ES, Debate, Band, Drill and Rifle at Boston Pizza North.
Friday, May 26, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Practice for Annual Inspection at Iroquois Park.
Saturday, May 27, 6:30am-5:00pm: Arrive at Hangar for Gliding day for those signed up
- Year End Banquet: As the end of the training year is approaching, the SSC would like to extend the invitation to Cadets, Parents, Friends, Families, Staff and Volunteers to the Year End Banquet on Saturday June 10th at 6pm at Enterprise Hangar. This will be a great evening for all, but space is limited. Please reserve your seats at the SSC table on Parade Nights (Deadline June 1st). There is a $10 deposit for each Cadet (which is returned at the door); a cost of $25 for each guest 10 years old and over; and $15 for guests under 10 years old. Please join us for a wonderful meal, awards, celebrations and a chance to win a draw or 50/50 prize! Please see the posting for how you can help.
- Summer Camps: If you were chosen for a 6 week summer camp and are interested in possibly earning coop credits for the time spent, please see OCdt Podesta.