Hi everyone, more reunions with returning cadets will happen this Friday, July 28 at the LandMark Theater Whitby 24 – 75 Consumers Drive (south east corner of parking lot by Chucky Cheese & Hockey Life)
Timings based on location are the following:
Fri 28 Jul 2017 15:50
Fri 28 Jul 2017 16:45
Fri 28 Jul 2017 18:30
We have our first cadets returning from GT (General Training) from Trenton on Friday:
Please plan to meet them per the following:
Location: AMC Whitby 24 – 75 Consumers Drive (south east corner of parking lot by Chucky
Cheese & Hockey Life)
Hope your summer is going well! For parents with cadets attending summer camps, there are graduation ceremonies that you are welcome to attend if available. Dates & times for each course are outlined below.
Note: We do not have any cadets currently attending Serial B.
While not anticipated, the schedule is posted and can be checked for changes at: postehttps://calendarwiz.s3.amazonaws.com/55301/2017_CTC_Grad_Parade_Sched_eblast.pdf
Thank You to those parents who were able to come out to our Summer Training Parent Info Night on June 14th.
To all parents whose cadets are going to a summer camp, here are the joining instructions for all the training centers. These joining instructions have all the relevant information on camps for parents to use and contains important information like training center contact information, visitation, graduation parade and much more. Please take a look through the joining instructions.
Blackdown 2017 Joining Instructions
Connaught 2017 Joining Instructions
Trenton 2017 Joining Instructions
Travel itineraries are starting to come in. Remember to bring the following documents/items with you on your day of departure:
- Health Card
- Travel Form (Annex E for the Joining Instructions) – this will indicate how your child will be returning home
- Offer of Participation (Officer on site will have this)
- Allergy forms
- one form to fill out indicating your aware of your child’s allergy and consent their departure to camp
- a second form that gives permission to any Canadian Cadet Organization Officer to use your child’s epi pen if needed in an emergency situation Officer on site will have these forms and must be filled out before departing on the bus.
Please continue to check the squadron website for more information on travel and other camp inquires.
It’s been a good week getting ready for the Annual Ceremonial Review. The band said a special Thank You to CV Lockhart who is moving to the east coast. The Aladdin ice cream cake and a book filled with best wishes and reminders of what he’d taught the cadets was presented. One Sr cadet thanked CV Lockhart for teaching him that respect is earned, not demanded.
The cadets that worked hard in the optional programs including Band, Debate, Drill, Effective Speaking and Rifle, enjoyed a nice evening with pizza and wings at Boston Pizza. Many thanks to the Officers, Volunteers and SSC that make these programs that develop lifelong skills possible.
Spring gliding round 2 took place on Saturday and it was a great time. Another bus load of cadets got the chance to see and feel what it’s like to go up in a glider.
To break up practice for the Annual Ceremonial Review. Major Burns spent a good part of the evening doing promotions for multiple cadets. Watch for pictures. At closing he announced 4 new Warrant Officer 2nd class promotions for Warrants Browne, Tchouffa, Wityszyn, Swann and Wainwright – whom he expressed his delight at being the highest scoring MRB participant that he can recall in his career. Congratulations everyone! Happy sewing!
Things of Note and/or Action Required:
- Annual Ceremonial Review: Final practice will be on Friday, June 2 on Pad 1 at Iroquois Park. On June 3, Sr cadets, parade positions, flag party and band members should arrive for 8:30am. All other cadets for 8:45am. Practice will start promptly at 9:00am. Wear civilian clothes and bring complete uniforms protected to change. Lunch will be provided. Actual inspection time will be from 12:45pm and parents, family, supporters, and general public are welcome and encouraged to attend. The display of skill from all of the cadets is great to see. This is mandatory for cadets as their last final training exercise of the year.
- Summer camps: more camp offers were distributed on Friday. Please sign and return by Friday or the camp will be returned.
- Young Eagles: volunteers are requested for the Young Eagles day at the Oshawa airport on June 17 from 8:45am-3pm. Please see FCpl Pennant to sign up.
- Banquet: Tickets for the banquet must be secured by June 2nd. Banquet is June 10th at 6pm at Enterprise Hangar. There is a $10 deposit for each Cadet (which is returned at the door); a cost of $25 for each guest 10 years old and over; and $15 for guests under 10 years old. This will be a great evening for all, but space is limited. Please reserve your seats at the SSC table on Parade Nights. Please join us for a wonderful meal, awards, celebrations and a chance to win a draw or 50/50 prize! The SSC is still looking for Auction and Raffle items for the night of the banquet, which will help to bring in much needed funding to next years’ program. Please bring items to Iroquois.
- Supply: Last chance for supply is Wednesday… Make sure you have everything you need for inspection!
- Boot shining … make those boots glisten and have fun doing it! Thursday will be boot shining night at the Hangar. Bring your polish and cleaning cloths and any other supplies. Learn from the seniors and have a few laughs at the same time. Last chance to shine at Annual Inspection.
REMINDER: Band practice is Wednesday, May 31 for this week.
Summary of the upcoming week & year end Activities:
Wednesday , May 31, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Band – Hangar
Wednesday, May 31, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Supply Night – Hangar
Wednesday, May 31, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Drill Team practice – Hangar
Thursday, June 1, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Boot shining at the Hangar
Friday, June 2, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Practice at Iroquois Park, pad 1.
Saturday, June 3, 8:30am-3:30pm: Annual Ceremonial Review. Details above.
- Saturday, June 10, 6:00pm: Year End Banquet. Sign up by June 2. Details above.
Reminder that the year end event is this evening at Boston Pizza North at Taunton/Brock from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Enjoy!
What a great long weekend in Quebec City with 49 cadets and 4 staff learning, exploring, discovering, eating and playing. Whether it was the Montreal stop to have lunch in front of flaming onion towers, escaping a room using clues to find keys, exploring Old Quebec, running across a bridge high above raging falls, learning to load a musket, enjoying locally made chocolate, rolling down the hills at the Plains of Abraham or cooling off in the pool, it’s hoped that everyone learned something and had fun.
Things of Note and/or Action Required:
– Party for Band, Debate, Drill, Effective Speaking, & Rifle: Thursday at Boston Pizza North from 6:30pm-8:30pm. There will be 2 each of 6 varieties of pizza, wings, brownies and fountain drinks. Enjoy an evening of social celebration and treats.
– Spring Gliding: Final sign ups will be accepted this Friday, May 26 at Iroquois Park for the May 27th Gliding day on Thursday. Check in with FSgt Wityszyn for availability.
– Annual Inspection: Please be sure to have this is on your calendar for June 3 in Pad1 at Iroquois Park. Actual inspection time will be from 12:45pm and cadets will be need to be there early AM for practice – time to be confirmed. Parents, family, supporters, and general public are welcome and encouraged to attend. The display of skill from all of the cadets is great to see. This is mandatory for cadets as their last final training exercise of the year.
– Banquet: The SSC is still looking for Auction and Raffle items for the night of the banquet, which will help to bring in much needed funding to next years’ program. Please bring items to Iroquois.
Summary of the upcoming week’s Activities:
Tuesday, May 23, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Band – Hangar
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Supply Night – Hangar
Wednesday, May 24, 7:00pm-9:00pm: Drill Team practice – Hangar
Thursday, May 25, 6:30pm-8:30pm: Year end party for cadets from ES, Debate, Band, Drill and Rifle at Boston Pizza North.
Friday, May 26, 6:45pm-9:30pm: Practice for Annual Inspection at Iroquois Park.
Saturday, May 27, 6:30am-5:00pm: Arrive at Hangar for Gliding day for those signed up
- Year End Banquet: As the end of the training year is approaching, the SSC would like to extend the invitation to Cadets, Parents, Friends, Families, Staff and Volunteers to the Year End Banquet on Saturday June 10th at 6pm at Enterprise Hangar. This will be a great evening for all, but space is limited. Please reserve your seats at the SSC table on Parade Nights (Deadline June 1st). There is a $10 deposit for each Cadet (which is returned at the door); a cost of $25 for each guest 10 years old and over; and $15 for guests under 10 years old. Please join us for a wonderful meal, awards, celebrations and a chance to win a draw or 50/50 prize! Please see the posting for how you can help.
- Summer Camps: If you were chosen for a 6 week summer camp and are interested in possibly earning coop credits for the time spent, please see OCdt Podesta.